Summer is Ending

Sunday, August 12, 2012

The days have quickly passed into weeks and we have found ourselves at the end of another summer season.  We are anticipating the first day of school this week for the boys, the first day of school for my teaching next week, and the following week will bring the first day of school for Minor and my graduate classes.  

I always find myself wondering why the summer time passes so quickly, which ultimately leaves me feeling a bit depressed about its end.  I'm not really sure why, because we had an amazing summer (maybe our best one, yet!) and we're all looking forward to the routines and structures the school year brings when we finally get on the other side of all the back-to-school madness.  Nevertheless, I find myself feeling emotional about the start of another school year.  What will I feel like next year when I have to take The Boy to Kindergarten?!

And what post would be complete without some pictures of all the boys?  They loved our trip to the beach and our only regret is that we didn't stay longer.  Next summer!

Jack Andrew
Sawyer Nathaniel

Finn Michael


0 comments: