Flashback Friday

Friday, June 24, 2011

I've been thinking back on what life was like last year at this time, with the boys. Then, today when I read one of my blog reads, heir to Blair, I was inspired by her new weekly Friday posting, Flashback Fridays. I think this will a) give me a reason to be more diligent with my blogging b) remember those stories and moments from our past when I wasn't being diligent in my blogging that I want to remember.

In a few days, we'll be hitting the road to travel to Minnesota to visit family and friends. We did this last summer; in fact, I think we'll be visiting Minnesota every summer, as it's the best way to escape the heat of Texas summers. As I have been preparing and packing for the trip I've realized, again how much has changed from last year, at this time with the boys.

The twinkies had just started eating solids and were guzzling over 30 oz of milk a day from bottles. They were sitting up and rolling around, but other than that we didn't have to worry about them getting into too much. Sawyer was still in diapers, since we really hadn't even considered potty training him. And Sawyer's language had just started to take-off with more and more new words each day added to his vocabulary.

Look at the evidence below. These pictures were taken last year on the 24th of June, 2010.

Here's Jack, sporting his toothless grin. As I'm writing this, I'm remembering that the twinkies cut their first tooth while we were on the road, last summer.


And Finn! Such happy boys!


Big Brother, Sawyer with his papa riding a ride at the MOA! There's something that's changed, too; Sawyer has grown more in love with his papa!

So fun, to remember these moments from last year, which remind me that some of our days may seem long, but time really is passing quickly.

0 comments: